Glass Coating Process:
The enameling of the steel is a thermical process which happens in the enameling-o about 800 Degrees Celsius. Thereby forming a glass layer on the outside of the steel, this is a very tight bound, due to a chemical/physical process. This glass-like, extremely resistant enamel coating permanently protects the steel surface.
Glass-Fused Steel (Glass-Lined-Steel) is a unique tank finish. Two materials are fused together to achieve the best properties, strength and flexibility of both steel combined with the corrosion resistance of glass. Applied to both interior and exterior surfaces, Glass Fused Steel is able to provide many years of trouble free service in harsh environments.
Applications & Market Sectors:
Glass Fused Steel (Glass-Lined-Steel) is utilized for the tank walls and also on the digester roof.Glass Fused Steel technology provide high degree of protection against toxic & corrosive gases ensuring long and maintenance free life for digester & tanks.
- Municipal: In the municipal environment these tanks are used for potable water, sewage treatment, wastewater treatment and anaerobic digestion.
- Industrial: Industrial applications include effluent storage, process, industrial effluent digestion, process water storage and bulk solids storage.
- Agricultural: GlassFused Steel tanks are utilised for slurry storage, biogas production and grain and forage silos.
- Mining: The tough chemical and abrasion resistance of Glass Fused Steel tanks and silos make them ideal for storage and process applications.
- Biofuels: These tanks can be used within the biofuels market for vegetable oils, bio-diesel and ethanol storage.
Glass Fused Steel tanks are utilised for:
- Mesophilic digesters
- Thermophilic digesters
- Pasteurising digesters
- Enhanced enzymic hydrolysis (EEH) Digesters
Glass Fused Steel tanks have a very high resistance to corrosive attack and abrasion, and so are ideally suited for use in sewage treatment applications. These tanks have been successfully used for an extensive range of sewage treatment applications like
- Clarifiers, Aeration tanks
- Thickener tanks, Filter media tanks
- Settlement tanks, Rey water tanks
- Storm water tanks, Sludge cake silos
- Industrial effluent storage tanks
- Anaerobic digestion and biogas tanks
- Process water tanks
- Bulk solid storage silos
- Food waste treatment tanks
- Brewery and beverage waste tanks
- Desalination tanks
- Leachate storage tanks
- Fish farm tanks
- Firewater tanks
- Mining process tanks
- Tannery effluent tanks
- Scrubber tanks